When querying for work package ABC to assign it to an employee, the relevant work package will not show up, even though you are able to select it by entering the full ID and pressing Enter.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Home, then in Self Service
- Click Edit Time Sheet, then select Manage my worklist
- Click Add Work Package
- Enter the ID for work package ABC completely or partially in the corresponding field
- Search will shown meassge No Search Result
- Enter the complete ID for the work package and press Enter
- Work package ABC will be selected despite not being found.
(ABC represents the ID of the work package)
In this case, the Valid To date for work package ABC is probably expired. By default, the validity period taken by the query is the last week from the current date — if a work package is not valid within that period, it'll not show up in the query, but will still be selectable.
There are two alternatives to solving this issue:
- Extend the Valid To date of work package ABC so it appears in the query
- Expand the validity period taken by the query in the Advanced search options
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To