- Incorrect local time is being displayed on Profile.
- All HCM Versions
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to Identify the root cause of the issue.
- Identify who this is affecting (Amount of Users)
- Pull the UDF (User Directory File)
- Identify the Time zone specified in the Time zone column.
- Compare this with the available time zones supported in SF Application :
- 2264467 - List of timezones available in SuccessFactors (Attached CSV file at bottom of page).
- From this csv file you will see the supported time zones but also the correct codes to be added to the UDF for time zones.
- In this particular customer incident, the customer had entered "China" in the time zone column of UDF.
- Upon investigation of the Time Zone CSV we can see that the correct code for China time zone is "CTT" and not "China".
- Advising the customer of the need to change this value in the UDF resolved this issue.
- Also what may help during early stages of troubleshooting is to identify the actual time of the server, this can be checked in provisioning when creating a new scheduled job :
- As mentioned above this is one scenario of time zone inconsistencies.
- Dependent upon the customer configuration there are other possible cause of this issue of you find that the UDF configuration does not provide the root cause.
- For customers with Employee Central, the Manage Users feature is not available as the Time zone data is maintained in Employee Central > Job Information and synchronized to Employee Profile.
Please refer to the following articles for more information -:
- 2089394 - How to change a user's Time Zone - Platform
- 2079939 - Public profile displays the employees local time incorrectly
- 2090302 - Where is the Time Zone in Employee Central EC? How do you add it?
- 2080587 - How to ensure the correct Time Zone is synchronized to Public Profile
Timezone / Time Zone / Employee Profile / V12 / People Profile / UDF / Local Time / Local Timezone , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-V12 , Employee profile V12 , How To