This describes how to setup prerequisites for items on LMS.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System Core
Reproducing the Issue
You have an item or grouping of items the user must complete before s/he can self-register for a scheduled offering or launch an online item.
To proceed on creating a prerequisite relationship, please follow these steps:
- Create two new items that you desire to add the prerequisite relationship.
- Select the Prerequisites tab from the Related area of the item that should have the prerequisite.
- Click Create New Group.
- Enter a title for the group.
- Click OK.
- Click the add item icon next to the name of the group you just created.
- Enter criteria to search for the other item created in step 1. This will be the prerequisite item.
- Click Search.
- Check the Add checkbox.
- Click Add.
- Verify the selected item is displayed.
To verify prerequisites for multiple items at once, the following report can be used: Item With Prerequisites
When revising an Item, Prerequisites of the original item are automatically transfered to the revised item.
Curricula can be added as a Prerequisite of an Item. A user must have a curriculum status of "Complete" in order to be considered as having met the Prerequisite.
Users cannot launch online content or register in Scheduled Offerings of items for which they have not completed the prerequisite items. There is one exception to this rule, configured as a global User Setting which allows Users to register in Scheduled Offerings of items with prerequisites if they are also registered in an offering of the prerequisite and it occurs before the subsequent offering (System Admin > Configuration > User Settings > 'Allow self-registration to proceed as long as the prerequisites will be completed prior to the scheduled start date'). More details on KBA 2292374
Admins can create groups of Prerequisites. A user must complete all items or curriculas within a group in order to complete the prerequisites for the item. There is an OR relationship between groups, meaning that if user completes one of the groups, s/he would be considered as having met the Prerequisite. Customers can provide groups of prerequisites for users to complete and thereby provide different paths and options for completing the prerequisite learning objectives.
- Supervisors can Override Item Prerequisites (System Admin > Configuration > Registration Settings) - If enabled, supervisors can register users into learning items even when the user does not meet the prerequisites.
Prerequisites setup Prerequisites configuration Item prerequisite , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To