You have created custom document types starting with Y in your on-preminse system for eg: YABC, YDEF. You want to use the same codes in the Cloud for Customer system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project ABC and choose the Open Activity List.
- In the Fine-Tune chevron, search and open Sales Orders activity.
- Select the Maintain Document Types link.
- Choose the Add Row button, enter the document type as YABC and Save.
Error: Value in field Business Transaction Document Processing Type must start with Z.
Cloud for Customer does not support creation of custom document types starting with Y.
You must use Code list Mapping feature to map the Y codes from on-premise system to Z codes in C4C. While creation of sales orders, the users will not be able to see the document type codes. They will be able to see only the description entered for that document type. Hence, you may use the same document type descriptions to match both the systems.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To