- In SAP BusinessObjects Cloud you create a model using HANA Calculation view.
- The only aggregation types available are: SUM, MIN, MAX, NONE
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud 2017.6
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Calculation View using HANA on-premise or SAP Cloud Platform
- Create a new model using Live Data Connection. Select that view
- Even if you created the view using aggregation type AVG, the aggregation type displayed in the model is SUM
You need to create the aggregation Average in the model.
- Select Exception Aggregation Type: AVG
- Select Exception Aggregation Dimension: the dimension that will be used to calculate that average.
If you want to calculate the average sales in different regions, you need to decide which is the dimension that will be considered a single value for the average calculation: for example, a store. If you explore your data in a country where you have 300 stores, it will use each store sales value as a single value to calculate the average for the country. If you drill down to province, it will recalculate the average sales for the province, for example 25 stores and so on. For this example the values would be:
Measure: Average sales per store:
- Exception Aggregation Type: AVG
- Aggregation Dimension: store
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP community network ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
HCP, SCP, HANA, view, average, AVG, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud , KBA , average , aggregation , avg , boc , businessobjects cloud , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem