This KBA demonstrates how to insert a syntax tag into a standard hyperlink, embedded into a notification template in Success Factors Learning module (LMS).
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Reproducing the Issue
For example, you might want to embed the "<SITE_ID/>" syntax tag into a link that appears in the SELF_REGISTRATION_STUDENT notification template. Including the <SITE_ID/> tag into said link will ensure newly self-registered users are redirected to the same site url login page where they registered.
To insert a standard syntax tag into a hyperlink embedded into a specific LMS notification template, please take the following steps:
- Select the specific notification template where you want to create the link:
- Ensure the syntax tag is available for the notification template you are editing by clicking the "syntax tags" link from within the template:
- Launch the HTML Editor
- Insert Hyperlink into template with accompanying hyperlink text:
- In same link's URL field insert the following link: https://XXXYOURSITEXXX.plateau.com/learning/user/portal.do?siteID=<URLENCODE value="<SITE_ID/>"/>&landingPage=login
- As long as we enclose the syntax tag in <URLENCODE/> tags we can include the available syntax tag into the link URL and it will encode as desired.
- The above link will ensure the user gets redirected to the external "Site" (defined in "Sites" in LMS) where they registered by clicking the "Test Link" hyperlink embedded in the email they receive after registering.
- 2290862 - LMS: Text formatting in customized notification isn't applied to syntax tag data
- 2330530 - LMS Notifications Knowledge Support and Tips
Success Factors; LMS; Notifications; Notification Templates; Syntax Tags; Links; URLs; Sites; Site_ID; HTML Editor , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , How To