Your requirement is to Update a field ABC of Data Workbench Object PQR. On performing the Update, the data in other fields disappear in the Screen.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the HTML5 client
- Go to Data Workbench workcenter
- Go to the Update tab
- Select the object PQR
- Select Next and Browse for the file
- Select Upload
- Choose Next
- Select Update
- In the Monitor view, task is a Finished without errors
- In the relevant workcenter, check for the respective data to understand if Update is successful
To use the Update functionality, first need to Export the data for the respective Data Workbench Object and thereafter, update/modify the required fields and perform the Update of the Object using the same file.
On performing the Export, the .CSV file opened with Microsoft Excel modifies value of ABC from XX to X
In the file, the expected value for the field ABC is XX and not X
Use the .CSV Editor instead of Microsoft Excel to update .CSV file. In the .CSV file, update the value for field ABC as XX so that data in the other fields in the UI does not disappear.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To