- I am trying to update the username value for a user, when I try to apply the change, the username does not update.
- When I try to update a username via employee export and import the change does not apply.
- When I try to update a username via employee profile, the username does not change, it remains the same.
- BizX Platform
- Employee Central
- Employee Profile
- If you are using Employee Central, you cannot update a username via employee export > export UDF > emplyee import > import UDF. You will need to update the username via Employee Data Import > Import Employee Data with 'Basic User Data' option
- Username is not handled as standard in Employee Central, therefore Username should be maintained via Admin Center > Import Employee Data > Basic User Data import (UDF import), but, some customer configurations do capture a Username value in EC and synchronize it to EP. You can check this by exporting the Succession Data Model, scrolling to the bottom section “sync-mappings” and see if any of the mappings point to the standard-element “username”. If they do, then the username should be maintained in the relevant EC portlet instead.
See KBA 2328243 - HRIS Sync: Configuring a sync-mapping from an EC field to username (EP)
- When you try to import the updated file, if you see the following error message "Failed to add/update user [*****] "test user" (N/A;N/A;N/A): General Error with error code - -27" it means that there is a purged record for this username in our database.
This purged record will need to be permanently deleted via the user permanent purge first before you can modify the username of your existing user. See KBA 2392076
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions