- I am trying to update the username value for a user, when I try to apply the change, the username does not update.
- When I try to update a username via employee export and import the change does not apply.
- When I try to update a username via employee profile, the username does not change, it remains the same.
- BizX Platform
- Employee Central
- Employee Profile
- Username is not handled as standard in Employee Central, therefore Username should be maintained via Admin Center > Import Employee Data > Basic User Data import (UDF import), but some customer configurations do capture a Username value in EC and synchronize it to EP.
- You can check this by exporting the Succession Data Model, scrolling to the bottom section “sync-mappings” and see if any of the mappings point to the standard-element “username”. If they do, then the username should be maintained in the relevant EC portlet instead.
- Please note this is not a recommend HRIS Sync Mapping
- If you are updating the username in an EC portlet and are unable to do so, this will be caused by the username already being in use or used for a soft purged employee, please see the following KBA for further detail - 2328243 - HRIS Sync: Configuring a sync-mapping from an EC field to username (EP)
- If a customer does not have a HRIS Sync Mapping, EC is not involved in this process at all.
- If you maintain the Username field on an Employee Profile portlet and are unable to change the value via the UI please try to Update the value via an Import. Please see the below Import section for more detail.
- If you are able to update the value via the import but not the UI, please reach out to the Employee Profile support team (LOD-SF-EP).
- If are an non-EC enabled instance, imports to update the username must be carried out via:
Employee Export > Export UDF > Employee Import > Import UDF.
- If are an EC enabled instance, imports to update the username must be carried out via:
Employee Data Import > Import Employee Data with 'Basic User Data' option
- When you try to import the updated file, if you see the following error message "Failed to add/update user [*****] "test user" (N/A;N/A;N/A): General Error with error code - -27" it means that there is a purged record for this username in our database.
This purged record will need to be permanently deleted via the user permanent purge first before you can modify the username of your existing user. See KBA 2392076
- If you are still unable to update the username via import please reach out to the Platform Support Team (LOD-SF-PLT) as they provide support on the import process for both EC and non-EC enabled instances.
username, - 27, 27, update username, can't update username, modify username , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem