You noticed that the Sales and Use tax returns and VAT returns are going to same account under tax ledger.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center
- Go to Sales and Use Tax Returns view.
- Open the relevant tax return
- Click to open the associated journal entry.
You'll see that the journal entry hits the Sales and Use Tax Payable G/L Account
- Go to the VAT Returns tab
- Open the relevant VAT return
- Open the related journal entry
You'll see that this journal entry post to the same G/L Account for Sales and Use Tax Payable
The VAT returns run automatically closes the VAT accounts and the input tax accounts and posts to tax payable account as well as the Sales and Use tax return also posts to tax payable. Only the withholding tax has a separate tax payable account.
Therefore, it is the designed system behavior that both tax return types post to the same tax payable account.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To