Customer would like the URL to open in a new tab rather than a new window in IE. How to do this?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Custom Tile that opens a given URL in a new Window (tick the option "Open link in new window")
- Using another browser, the page opens in a new tab
- Using Internet Explorer, click the tile from the homepage and see that it opens in a new window
This is as expected behavior. IE settings need to be changed to modify the behavior (it's not a SF issue but down to the browser handling of pop-up)
Select the below options in order for the popup to open in a new tab instead of window:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click in the settings icon and > Internet Options
- Click on Tabs
- When a pop-up is encountered: "Always open pop-ups in a new tab"
Custom tile URL, Internet Explorer, new tab, new window , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-HOM , Home Page , Problem