We want the onboarding system to sent a reminder mail to the hiring manager in case the activity is still in the NES step.
We want this mail to be sent 14 days and 7 days before the actual hire date from the employee.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding - Notifications
The logic behand the reminder notification when we do not know the StartDate.
Calculation is done as:
- StartDate minus 14 days. So first notification will be sent 14 days before the StartDate.
- StartDate minus 7 days. So second notification will be sent 7 days before the StartDate.
To set the Notification reminder user needs to create four notifications. Two Custom Notification Points and two Real Notifications.
- Create a Custom Notification Point(Fake) notification to set the logic as an additional event. This is the Custom Notification Point.
- Set a name that is understandable by anyone who read it. For example: CNP_StartDateMinus14
- As we do not know when the StartDate is, it is advised to set the Custom Notification Point(Fake) as Notify at: Create Activity. This is the trigger initial point.
- Create the reminder for the Custom Notification Point(Fake) notification. Here the Due Date must be equal to Start Date
- Set Remind when 14 days Before Due Date
- Stop Status - Send Once . This will set fake notification to be automatically completed by the system.
- This is to state that 14 days before the start date the system will attempt to send the fake email and trigger the initial point.
- Create the real notification (N1) CandidateOnNES. Here you select the Notify at: Notification Triggered.
- Select Due By StartDate
- Click Create the notification
Select the new created notification and set the advanced conditions to be triggered based on Custom Notification Point(CNP_StartDateMinus14)
Now set the advanced condition based on key NESCompletionDate NotExists or NESCompletionDate Exists and NESCompletionDate Equal no value(Empty)
- The system will trigger Custom Notification Point(Copy CNP_StartDateMinus14) with event Notification Started and Notification is Completed. Nobody will receive it but there will be registration of this notification on audit trail in backend.
- Then the system sets Custom Notification Point (Copy CNP_StartDateMinus14) with status "Completed automatically" and this will trigger the real notification.
- The system then will check the advanced condition for NESComplitionDate if the conditions match system sends notification to Hiring Manager.
- Copy CNP_StartDateMinus14 and make it with same settings but the reminder for 7 days.
- New fake notification CNP_StartDateMinus7 to trigger second reminder
- Copy CandidateOnNES and make it with same settings but advanced condition trigger point will change to CNP_StartDateMinus7
However if you want a simple reminder 14 and 7 days before StartDate and does not matter if candidate is on NES or not,
Please set the Notification as:
Notifications Candidate on NES Notify At Start Date , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-EML , Emails and Notifications , Problem