The following points should be gathered in order to process issues efficiently and bring an incident to an early conclusion.
Note that this list presents guidelines and is not exhaustive. Probing questions are to be applied and adapted depending on the context of a reported problem.
In order to swiftly analyse a reported issue we need a reproducible instance of the problem.
- Sufficient description of applied business-process
- Is this a new occurence or was this experienced before. If Yes - are there previous Support-Incidents we can refer to.
- Specify affected documents, runs, selection criteria etc.
- Where conducive, illustrate the situation with screenshots
- Clearly state the expected result vs. the observed actual result
- Ideally demonstrate by focusing on a single example representing an issue
- If possible - substantiate the expectation referring to pertinent settings and definitions
- Permission to execute actions including possible data-change at Support-side where applicable
- Concerning fiscal periods should be open for posting (open period/valid process control entry) if applicable
Valuation Runs (e.g. Depreciation Run, Revenue Recognition Run, Foreign Currency Remeasurement Run)
- Illustrate pertinent selection criteria for a run including: Company, Run ID, Dates, Set of Books, Run-mode (Update/Test)
- Describe the problem using assorted instances (e.g. Fixfed Assets, Sales Documents, Projects, Bank Accounts)
- Explain expectations based on underlying definitions and methods (e.g. Depreciaiton Methods, Valuation Views, Accrual Methods, Exchange Rates)
- Did previous runs show similar results
- Permission to perform valuation-runs in test-mode/update mode/update
Processing of Inbound Files (e.g. Bank Statements, Bank Advice)
- Provision of affected file
- Identification of Company, Bank ID, Bank Account ID
- File format description
- Have previous files been successfully processed for similar settings
- Refer to applied settings in Business Configuration and Master Data
- Permission to execute the file-upload and/or processing from Support-side
Inconsistent Results in Financial Reports
- Specify exact selection criteria for running the report
- Break-down observed wrong results into categories exemplifying the issue (e.g. G/L Account, Financial Period, Sales Document Item, Project Task)
- Illustrate expected result based relevant attributes (e.g. Posting Date, Tax-Due-Date, Document Type)
- Consistency of previous reports using similar selection criteria
KBA , financials , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To