- Filters are not applied properly in charts based on linked models in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- Chart shows "Unable to retrieve data from datasource" error after applying an Input Control for one of the linked dimensions.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create Story with canvas page.
- Add two charts having models linked together.
- Add an input control based on the linked dimension.
- Apply a filter selection.
- The ID's of the linked dimensions are not matching, only the description of the values are the same.
- Linking was applied based on the ID's and not based on Description.
In the Link Dimensions window under the "Matched Dimensions" pane the Description has to be selected in order to make filtering work.
- The ID of a dimension must match the ID of the dimension it is linked to.
- Chart filters do not affect linked dimensions, because they are only applied to a single chart.
- Some dimension links may not result in filters being applied to all charts due to limitations in translating filters applied to one model to meaningful filters on a second model.
Refer to the online help: Home > Stories > Blending Data > Creating Linked Dimensions.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, link, blend, modeler, filtering, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To