- Can we migrate an instance from one Data Center to another? For example I want to move my production instance from DC2 to DC12.
- Can we migrate an instance from the production environment to the preview environment?
- Is there a cost to moving our instance from one Datacenter to another?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Any requests to migrate your instance from one Datacenter to another requires the assistance from our SuccessFactors Migrations Team. This task is outside of the scope of Customer Support.
- If you want to migrate an instance from one Datacenter to another please raise an incident on the Launchpad with our Migrations team under the component LOD-SF-SER-MIG.
- Our SF Migrations Team will review the request and determine an action plan for the migration.
- Migrations generally take between 4 - 6 weeks to complete.
- In the incident please define the following information in order for us to quickly processes the request.
- BizX Company ID:
- Current Datacenter:
- New Datacenter:
- Detailed business reasoning behind the necessity to migrate:
- Contact details of the representative requesting the migration:
- Please note that although an "early migration" may not have any costs associated, if the instance has a large volume of data, there will be costs involved.
- You may also need to engage SAP Professional services/Implementation partner consultant for post migration configurations, this is an additional cost to the migration order.
- Your Customer Support Manager / Customer Engagement Executive / Sales Representative will be able to work with our Migrations Team to complete the required documents and explain these costs.
- Internal SAP colleagues can refer to the internal JAM group for more information.
- If you are a customer, please reach out to your Customer Support Manager / Customer Engagement Executive / Sales Representative
Datacenter, migrations, DC, moving, location, swtich instance , KBA , LOD-SF-SER-MIG , Early test migration, preview enviornemnt , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To