- New hierarchical entries do not take over automatically the format settings of an exsiting table.
- Formatting settings applied manually:
- Highlighting cells
- Apply formatting in Styling menu
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Import new hierarchical entry for an existing model.
- Open a Story where the same model is used as the datasource of the table and some formatting rules are also applied.
- Observe that the newly imported entry in not formatted.
For example: The newly imported hierarchical object is 02/02/2017 in the below example.
The formatting was applied manually by highlighting the cells and changing the formatting settings.
In 2018.11 Wave contextual formatting of tables will be implemented of SAP Analytics Cloud to make formatting easier.
You can still use formatting rules instead of manual selection of cells for formatting, the newly added data will be also formatted according to the rule.
Please have a look at our video published how formatting rules work or follow the below steps:
- Edit the story and switch to the Designer.
- Go into Styling.
- Scroll to the "Formatting Rules" and click on "Add Formatting Rule"
- In the "Styling Rule" pane define a name of the rule and click on the button: .
- Highlight measures/headers/dimensions in the table when the button has is active: .
- Highlighted dimensions and measure values will appear in a list below the "Content" part.
- Define a styling you'd like to apply.
As an example: The comparison of using manual selection (mes) or formatting rule (mes2) after uploading new data:
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, modelo, SBOC, default, form, lost, , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , How To