Unable to export the Notes for Data Workbench Objects like Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities and so on using Data Workbench.
You will be able to only Import the Notes for the Objects in Data Workbench. Currently, it is not possible to Export the Notes for the Objects in Data Workbench.
This is a new requirement and the functionality will be available in one of the future releases.
As a workaround, you may extract the Notes for the objects like Accounts, Contacts, using the below steps.
- Go to Administrator work center
- Go to OData Service Explorer view
- Show SAP Odata Services
- Highlight the Service name: c4codata and select Test
- On the OData Console, in the left pane, select the Entity Set (for Example: AccountNotesCollection)
- Select the Test tab
- Copy the URL available in the Request Method GET
- Run the the query https://myxxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/c4codata/AccountCollection in Chrome browser
- Select the Object ID for any Account, which is obtained from the execution of the above URL (for example: 00163XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
- Now query https://myxxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/c4codata/AccountCollection('<ObjectID>')/AccountNotes
- You will be able to see the Account Notes maintained for the Account
- Similarly, for Contacts we have the Entity Set ContactNotesCollection
- The query is https://myxxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/c4codata/ContactCollection
- Select the Object ID for any Contact, which is obtained from the execution of the above URL (for example: 00163YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
- Now query https://myxxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com/sap/c4c/odata/v1/c4codata/ContactCollection('<ObjectID>')/ContactNotes
- You will be able to see the Contact Notes maintained for the Contact
Further, we also have the approach to export the Account Notes using the following steps:
1. Export the Notes together with their associated Customer record
Using c4codata, you can export the Accounts together with their Notes, using $expand system query option via OData Service. Here is a sample query:
The result is a JSON file containing Account and Text data.
2. Convert the exported data into multiple .CSV files based on the Data Workbench template to import Accounts as complete Business Object.
3. Based on the files created above, you can Import the Accounts + Notes in another system the using Data Workbench.
Data Workbench, Export Notes using Data Workbench , KBA , export notes using data workbench , data workbench , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To