It is a requirement for Austria (AT) to optionally mark customer accounts for pledging.
In the past this functionality has been confined to domestic accounts (resident in Austria).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Receivables work center.
- Enter a customer under Customers / Customers Accounts view.
- In the Customer Account Monitor go via Actions.
Here you find the attributes Assign Account As Pledged or Unassign Account As Pledged respectively.
At the moment this feature is grayed out for international accounts.
As per legal requirement the Pledging-feature should also comprise Corporate Accounts and Private Accounts not residing in Austria (AT).
For Austrian companies pledging is now also possible for International Accounts (e.g. Foreign - third party, for example Germany).
In order to activate this feature:
- Access the Account Overview either via the Customer Account Monitor or the Business Partner work center.
- View All and tab General.
- Tick the checkbox International Pledging and Save.
The Action Assign Account As Pledged will then be activated in the Customer Account Monitor.
For Private Accounts this feature is planned to be introduced with version SAP ByDesign 1705.
If you need the International Pledging function for assorted private accounts earlier - Please open a Support-ticket including a list of affected accounts and your approval to activate the Pledging function.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To