The following error occurs when you try to import data from a BW connection / query in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC):
An error occurred in the BW service: GC overhead limit exceeded
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.05
Tomcat configuration memory is incorrect and affects the data acquisition of the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
You may need to increase the maximum memory pool parameter of Apache Tomcat:
Introduction of Jconsole and Jvisualvm
You can use the Java tools that are provided with Java JDK to analyze Tomcat's memory consumption in detail. You can also open the attachments with a step-by-step guide on how to use these tools.
- Jconsole : The JConsole graphical user interface is a monitoring tool that complies to the Java Management Extensions (JMX) specification.
JConsole uses the extensive instrumentation of the Java Virtual Machine (Java VM) to provide information about the performance and resource consumption of applications running on the Java platform.
- Jvisualvm: Java VisualVM is a tool that provides a visual interface for viewing detailed information about Java applications while they are running on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and for troubleshooting and profiling these applications.
NOTE: Since Jvisualvm is third-party tool, SAP doesn't provide any support when you are going to use it. Please go to Oracle for further assistance.
- 2406669 - SAP Analytics Cloud gives "GC overhead limit exceeded"
- Help portal
- SAP Community network portal ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP Community WIKI
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Training videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training Events
- Past Event Recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC , KBA , to release memory , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem