- There is a difference between the data schema structure that we see in SuccessFactors > Reporting and the one that is visible in SAP Analytics Cloud when connecting to SAP SuccessFactors (SF).
- Tables / fields in SAP SuccessFactors are not available in the same structure and the data appears different than what is expected from SF.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Models > Create a Model > Create a model using an App
- Select SuccessFactors
- Select a connection
- Create a new query
Observe that the listed Data dictionaries are different than the columns when creating a Report in SuccessFactors under the Admin Center > Analytics tab.
SAP Analytics Cloud is calling the SuccessFactors OData API to get all entities.
- The same list can be retrieved by listing the dictionaries in the "OData API Data Dictionary" menu in SAP SuccessFactors.
- By using this data dictionary, the expected information can be retrieved and compared with the same in BusinessObjects Cloud.
- A proper setup on SuccessFactors is required to enable the connection. For more information, see the following topic in the HCM Suite OData API documentation.
- Help portal
- SAP Community network portal ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP Community WIKI
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Training videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training Events
- Past Event Recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP Analytics Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite OData API: Developer Guide
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, SBOC, successfactor, list, schema, api, odata, SFSF,SF, gender dimension , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To