- When trying to create a mass change on specific field (for example Pay scale area field), it is observed that the main "pay scale area field is not available and when selecting certain country specific Pay Scale are field (example: ARG - Pay Scale Area or USA - Pay Scale Area) it somehow defaults to a specific country payscale field no matter what is selected in the dropdown
- NOTE that in this Kbase I am using "Pay Scale Area" field as an example, but the symptom also may occur with any other field.
(Below example image shows the dropdown only showing country specific Pay Scale Area fields (Not the main Pay Scale Area field itself) and no matter what country option i select it populates/defaults the entree to ARG - Pay Scale Area)
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center
- Open the "Manage Mass change" tool
- Choose to create a new mass change
- Select "Job Information" Area
- In Field Name, Type and search for "Pay Scale Area".
- Note how the dropdown ONLY shows all country specific Pay Scale Area
- Now try selecting any of the country specific Pay Scale Area fields and notice that no matter what it always defaults to the same country specific field.
(Again NOTE that in this example steps I use "Pay Scale Area" field as an example, but it may happen with other fields as well).
- This behavior happens due to the fact that the specific field (example Pay Scale Area) is ONLY defined in the country specific job information sections and not in the main Job information section
- Because the main job info section field is not enabled, the mass change option will default always to a certain country specific field.
(Example image below showing filed disabled in the main job information)
- Make sure when you define the specific field in any of the country specific job info section that you also have the field enabled in the main Job information.
mass change, successfactors, EC , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem