When trying to create Validations for a Field via Master Layout but you cannot find the Field XYZ to be selected as parameter for the Validation.
Reproducing the Issue
We'll use one example for the Opportunities Screen, however, We'd like to point out that the behaviour is the same across the system.
- Go to Sales Work Centre;
- Go to Opportunities View;
- Open Opportunity ID 123 (123 represents the ID of the Opportunity);
- Click on Adapt > Edit Master Layout;
- Select the field/ section you want to add a validation to;
- Click on the exclamation mark sign (!), Add Validation;
- Click on New;
- On the Editor tab, you cannot see field XYZ (XYZ represents the Name of the Field).
Not all fields are avaialble to be user as parameter on the Model Validation Editor.
The logic to see which fields are or are not avaialble on the Model Rule Editor follows the fields that are available on each screen when in Offline Mode. This is done this way as the Rules you create must work in Offline as well, hence they can only use Offline available fields.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To