SAP Lumira will prompt for BW credentials after enabling the 'Save Password' option
SAP Lumira Desktop 1.31
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Lumira document based off a Business Warehouse datasource.
- Enter credentials
- Click 'Save Password' option
- Close Lumira
- Re-open Lumira and open the Lumira document based off of the BW datasource
- Click Data - Edit data source (CTRL+Shift+E)
- Prompt will appear to re-enter password whereas the Username has been saved
This feature is by design. Lumira Desktop will forget any password credentials when the local session is closed for security purpose. The save password feature works for the session only, so the user will not be prompted for the password again when the Edit datasource option is used, or the data is refreshed.
For Lumira Desktop 1.3x
- The issue has been resolved in SAP Lumira 1.31.7
For SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 SP03
- With Lumira 2.0 SP03 and above BI Platform sessions can be reused across the various workflows in the Discovery which means:
- When we open any Lumira Discovery document it tries to auto connect to BOE machine. If there is an active BOE session already available then Refresh and Edit Data source workflow will continue to work with out requesting for username and password again.
- When there is a session already available created by logging to BI platform while listing the documents in the home page, then the same session will be used by all subsequent workflows involving BI platform login.
- If there is no active BOE session exist/available then login screen will be prompted with the password(if remember me option is checked) . In this case please Edit the login credential and click on Connect.
KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem