Sometimes customers do not want to use Competencies, but they still want to use the Interview Central feature of Recruiting. When creating an Interview Assessment for a Job Requisition without competencies configured, below are the points observed:
- We receive a pop-up with a warning message for not having configured any competency. Is it possible to hide this error message?
- The interviewer can still provide an overall Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on the applicant, add overall comments and possibly attach interview notes/feedback. However, the comments and the Thumbs Up/Down are not visible to the recruiter once he clicks on “View Candidate ratings”. Is this an expected behavior? Or can this be changed by any configuration change?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SF as the interviewer for an applicant in a requisition.
- Go to Recruiting >> Interview Central
- For the applicant in the requisition, click on 'Rate Now'. If competencies are not configured for the requisition, an error message shows up:
- The interviewer can provide an overall Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on the applicant, add overall comments and attach interview notes.
- Login to SF as the recruiter of this requisition.
- In the candidate summary for this requisition, click on View Candidates Ratings. The overall rating and the comments are not visible; only the interview notes can be seen.
This is an expected product behavior. If there are no competencies configured in the requisition, the user receives an error pop up upon using the Interview Assessment form. This error popup cannot be disabled; only the addition of competencies on the requisition will avoid this pop up.
The customer would need to create at least one competency to get this functionality working properly.
If the customer is not ready to configure competencies in the requisition, the above behavior is expected.
A suggested workaround will be to create a competency which would fit any interview. It doesn't need to be a "real" competency, just a dummy one. In this way you can avoid the error when using Interview Central. Also, the recruiter will be able to view the overall ratings, comments and notes when accessing the candidate's ratings.
Error: the competencies are not properly configured on the job requisition template. Please contact your system administrator for assistance , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-IVW , Interview Central, Interviews, Scheduling etc , Problem