When you make an outgoing payment, the system gives the following error message: Bank account ABC does not support payment method Bank Transfer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Go to Supplier Accounts view.
- View the related Supplier account.
- Choose an open item.
- Click Pay Manually By->Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Select the Payee Data and Bank Transfer Data as per your requirement.
- Choose Complete Bank Data.
The following error is raised by the system:
Bank account ABC does not support payment method Bank Transfer
- Go to the Payment Management work center, and choose New Outgoing Check under Common Tasks.
- Specify the Company ID, Payee, Payment amount and currency, as well as Bank Account ID.
- Set the payment Reference to Items.
- In the Open Items table, select the target open item, and then choose Complete Bank Data.
- The system gives error message: Bank account ABC does not support payment method Bank Transfer.
The error is caused by insufficient definitions for a Payment Method and for a particular Bank Account (e.g. International Bank Transfer).
In addition - corresponding payment formats, if applicable, have to be properly set-up in order to facilitate a bank transfer by a house-bank.
- Go to Liquidity Management Work Center.
- Select My Bank view.
- Select the Bank XYZ.
- Edit Bank Accounts.
- Select Payment Method tab.
- Click on Add Row tab and maintain the Payment Method (Ex:International bank transfer).
- Choose Save.
Also, you need to maintain the correct Payment Format which supports by your Bank.
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- My Banks view.
- Select the Bank XYZ and go to Payment Formats tab.
- Click on Add Row tab and maintain the correct Payment Format.
- Choose Save.
You should be able to successfully make the outgoing bank payment from this bank account.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To