You are trying to maintain the Project Expense and revenue planning data via the Project Expense and Revenue Planning using Microsoft Excel® functionality.
However when opening the Excel document downloaded, no data is displayed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center, choose Projects view.
- Show All Projects.
- Find 123 (123 represents the Project ID).
- Select the project.
- Click Export - Maintain Project Expense and Revenue in Microsoft Excel®.
The document is downloaded successfully but no data is shown in the Excel file.
You need to connect the Add-in to the ByDesign system and query the project from the add-in in order to display the data.
You can follow these steps to display the data:
- Export document from the system.
- Log in to your system via the Excel add-in.
- Enable editing and enable content if required.
- Go to Query sheet.
- Enter 123 (123 represents the Project ID).
- Go to the Home tab in Excel.
- On the far right of the screen, click Query.
- Log in with your ByDesign details. You might need to add your system details if this is the first time you are using this functionality. For this, click on the "…" box and enter your system URL and name. Once it's added, you will be able to select it in the dropdown menu.
- This opens the Project Expense and Revenue sheet.
- Click the "+" sign on the left of the Project name, left of the row number (6).
All the data appears here.
KBA , maintain project budgets , project budgets , maintain project expense and revenue , excel , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To