You've maintained in Business Configuration Activity: Activities->Involved Parties for Appointments a Party, e.g. Account, as Unique, but when you add a second Account to an Appointment, the system shows the error “Please use not more than 1 party(ies) of role Account”, but allows you to save the change.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Activities work center;
- Go to Appointments view;
- Open Appointment 123 (123 represents the Appointment ID);
- Go to Involved Parties facet;
- Press Add;
- Maintain Role as Account;
- Add Account XYZ (XYZ represents the Account ID) as Involved Party;
- The error message “Please use not more than 1 party(ies) of role Account” appears;
- Press Save;
- The system allows you to save the changes, even though the error message appears.
The system throws errors notifying the users of the unique party error, but does not prevent save in C4C at this time when errors are thrown.
This occurs due to many customers not wanting to disrupt user workflow and preventing save solely due to errors.
This is the expected system behavior.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To