When viewing the Country Specific jobInfo elements in Business Configuration UI (BCUI), we noticed that the list of Business Rules that are attributed to the element (onSave, onInit, saveAlert, onView, onPostSave) have been copied from the globa jobInfo element configuration.
Global Job Info Configuration
Country Specific Job Info Configuration
Employee Central 2.0
Business Configuration UI
This is currently expected behaviour. The Business Configuration UI Synchronization framework is hard-coded to copy the jobInfo element rules from the Succession Data Model, to the Country Specific jobInfo element configuration in BCUI unpon importing the Country Specific Succession Data Model.
NOTE: The rules that are copied are only displayed in the BCUI Country Specific jobInfo element configuration page, but they are not copied to the Country Specific Succession Data Model xml configuration - therefore they do not get triggered from the Country Specific Job Info configuration, only from them being present in the Global Job Info element configuration
We are currently pending further feedback from Engineering on ECT-62774 - as to whether they can make a code change to remove this behaviour, or to make it optional. Please follow ECT-62774 for the latest updates.
Please note that the rules are displayed in the country specific jobInfo element confguration, but they have absolutely no impact on the system or configuration behaviour. They just display in the Business Configuration UI, nothing else.
We do understand that this can be misleading to System Admins and Configuration Consultants and we are working currently with Product Management to understand if there is a specific need to have the rules made visible in the BCUI, or whether we can enhance the BCUI to not show them in the BCUI country specific jobInfo configuration elements.
If there is a strong need to remove these rules from the Country Specific jobInfo configuration, then you can delete them from the BCUI for each country. You can do this 1 by 1 via the BCUI or you can export the MDF object "Localized HRIS Element-Trigger Rules", set all of the rows to "Delimit" and reimport the file again, which will remove them from the BCUI for those countries -:
1) Navigate to Admin Center > Import and Export Data > select "Export" and choose the object "Localized HRIS Element-Trigger Rules" and click Export
2) Navigate to Admin Center > Monitor Job > download the export file
3) Add "Delimit" to the "Operation" column for all rows you wish to remove (make sure to take note if any countries that DO have rules for Country Specific model - you will need to remove these rows from the Export file).
4) Navigate to Admin Center > Import and Export Data > select "Import" and choose the object "Localized HRIS Element-Trigger Rules". Select your modified import file and import it -:
IMPORT ERRORS NOTE:
You may encounter errors on import such as "country-of-company is not a valid field ID for element jobInfo_BGD (or jobInfo_XYZ - XYZ being the 3 letter ISO code for the country). This indicates that you either need to -:
- Add the "country-of-company" field to that countries jobInfo configuration
- Correctly define the Parent Picklist relationship on the Child picklist field that is configured in that countries jobInfo configuration
Finally - once you have adjusted the configuration as per the above - DO NOT IMPORT THE CSF-SDM XML - otherwise you will need to repeat the steps again (as importing the CSF-SDM will add the rules back to the BCUI CSF jobInfo view)
ECT-62774 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , BCUI & DM Config(XML) , Problem