Purchase Request and Purchase Order is not created even after the Project Purchase Request XYZ is approved.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Select Projects Sub-View.
- Search for project XXX.
- Select Edit -> Products.
- Navigate to Purchase Requests sub-tab.
- Navigate Document Flow and we see that no documents (Purchase Request and Purchase Order) being created
You see that the purchase request and purchase order is not created even after the Project Purchase Request is approved.
The activity Activate Solution Capabilities is not yet confirmed in Business Configuration work center. This has the effect, that all project management UIs are already there, but technical communication to other process components like purchasing is not yet active. After confirming Activate Solution Capabilities the communication is active, and for project purchase requests corresponding purchase requests in purchasing are created.
This is the expected system behavior. In order to activate the technical communication, the Activate Solution Capabilities must be Confirmed. Please follow the below steps to do confirm the Activate Sokution Capabilities.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relavant project and select Open Activity List button.
- Select All tab.
- Search for Activate Solution Capabilities and Open it.
- Select Confirm.
Note: The changes will be reflected only in the newly created project purchase requests.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To