You are trying to cancel a payment allocation or clearing that follows a bank statement. Nevertheless, errors are raised.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center
- Go to Payment Allocation view
- Open the posted payment allocation you want to reverse.
- Click Reverse.
Error: Payment manually cleared on account of company <company ID> and partner <business partner account>
- Open the associated manual clearing
- Click Reset Clearing
Error: Business transaction for accounting has already been posted for Clearing <Clearing ID>. This source document can be posted only once
For this payment allocation, you allocated the payment via Customer/Supplier tab to several differenr business partners account. You have clicked on Actions and accepted all the payment differeces at once for the assigned accounts and did not cleared any open item. Hence for all the items you see the Other Discount/Credit column filled. Therefore, once payment allocation is posted, the system automatically clears the payment and no open item in the customer/supplier account is created for further clearing, since the discount has already been given.
Nevertheless, for one of the accounts (added after the discounts were applied) the payment has been made on account (See the Remaining Balance column), which created an open item payment in the customer/supplier account. This open payment has been further cleared against another manual clearing.
When attempting to reverse the payment allocation, note down the business partner ID that is mentioned in the error message. You'll see that in the Open Items section of this payment allocation, a payment has been made on the given account.
After identifiying the account:
- Go to Payables work center
- Go to Supplier Accounts view
- Find the concerned supplier ID and open the supplier account monitor.
- Find the on account payment made by the payment allocation (usually ID has format as <statement ID>/<transaction ID> e.g.: 24/7)
- In the Clearing ID column, open the clearing and click Reset Clearing. Note that this is the clearing the cleared the on account payment against another open item e.g.: payment, invoice, credit/debit memos, discounts
- Click Reset Clearing. The payment will be open again in the account monitor along with the items that it cleared.
After that, you will be able to go back to the payment allocation and reverse it.
KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To