Budget is greater than specified "Budget Value" when employee was removed from form without "Updating Budget"
Reproducing the Issue
- Budget of a form is set to 20% based on the Total Salary
- We can observe that the form has 12 employees and the budget is calculated correctly (1593300*.20=318660)
- Delete employee from the form WITHOUT SELECTING "Delete budget as well"
- We can now observe that the budget is now "21.3%" which is greater than the specified Budget Value of 20%.
- Employee was added back to the worksheet with "Add budget as well" option selected
- We can now observe that the Budget computed was still 21.3% of the Total Current Salary
- Budget exceeded the Budget Value of 20% because when the employee was removed, the "Update Budget" option was not selected. The system retained the old budget 318,660 and the percentage was calculated based on this: (318,660/1,493,300)*100=21.3
- After adding the employee back with the option "Add budget as well" selected, we can observe that the Budget is now "338,600". The 20,000 added to the budget was the 20% computed from the salary of the Employee added back (Employee Salary: 100,000)
Please note that the percentage shown is still 21.3% because it is being rounded up from the 21.25% actual computation based on this: (338,660/1,593,300)*100
- For the resolution, autoCalcBudgetForSalary should be declared false on the XML (since the resolution needs to be changed on an XML level, forms needs to be relaunched)
- After employee was added to the worksheet with "Add budget as well" option selected
- We will remove the employee with the option "Delete budget as well" selected
- Add the employee back to the worksheet without selecting the option "Add budget as well"
- After adding back the employee, we can observe that the budget will be reverted back to "20%"
Budget Delete employee Delete budget as well Add budget as well autoCalcBudgetForSalary='false' , KBA , LOD-SF-CMP-FRM , Forms & Templates , Problem