*** This KBA Article only states the behavior of Advance Reporting (Realms) not Live Data ORD report***
- An Advanced Reporting Query is scheduled via the Report Distributor on a daily basis to capture the latest modified records.
But a few of the modified records are not captured in output file.
- Advanced Reporting (Realms)
- Report Distributor
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Realms query
- Add a filter for "Last Modified Date >= Last Successful Run Date"
- Create a Report Bundle
- Add the query to the bundle
- Schedule the Bundle to run daily (may be at 10 AM)
- On the 1st of Jan, the Report Bundle is executed at 10 AM.
- On the 1st of Jan, at 3 PM a few users' data has been modified.
- On the 2nd of Jan, the Report Bundle is executed again.
- The data modified on the 2nd of Jan from 12 AM to 9:59 AM is captured in the output file.
- But the data modified on the 1st of Janu, from 10 AM to 11:59PM on 1st Jan is not captured in the output file.
- As per the current product design (b1705) timestamp is not supported in Realms.
- "Last Modified Date" field stores value in "date-time" format in HANA database.
- The data itself has timestamp part of it. But, it will only display date part of it in Realms reporting.
- If it is required to show timestamp, create a calculated column with LastModifiedDate and apply formatting. Eg: dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss. It will display the timestamp part as well.
- NOTE - All filtering is done on "Date" part only. Filtering does not take into account the timestamp.
The behaviour is expected.
Workaround - Schedule the Report Bundle to be executed at 00:00 (12:00 a.m. or Midnight)
- Last SuccessFul Run Date
- Last Modified Date
- Advance Reporting
- Report Distibutor
- Timestamp in Relams