When copying Customer Invoice data, either via the Copy or the Follow-Up function an error occurs: 'Manual invoice processing not possible; referenced data not valid.'
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select customer invoice XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the invoice).
- Click on the Copy button or press on Follow-Up and select one of the given options.
- The error 'Manual invoice processing not possible; referenced data not valid' appears.
The customer invoice XYZ has line items which are of type Invoice and line items which are of type Credit Memo (you can make the invoice item type field +/- visible via the Personalization function).
Currently, Invoices with mixed line items (Invoice and Credit Memo line items) are not supported in SAP Business ByDesign. Therefore the error message is raised.
This is the current system behaviour.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To