You are unable to post the Supplier Invoice due to the below exception.
Exception - Permanent establishment not determined.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing Work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos View.
- Select the relevant Supplier Invoice.
- Select Edit and navigate to Exceptions tab.
- You can see the exceptions.
Supplier invoice is assigned to Account Assignment Type say Cost Center or a Project Task. You can check the cost center validity or in case of project, check the validity of Responsible Unit of the project assigned in the supplier invoice & check the Supplier Invoicing function for the Responsible Unit.
You have to extend the validity of the responsible unit used in the project. To do so, please follow the below steps;
- Go to the Organizational Management Work Center.
- Go to the Common Tasks view & Select Edit Org Structures.
- Search for relevant Org Unit.
- Select Edit & navigate to Timelines tab.
- Select the Attribute - Functions.
- Under column Value, find Supplier Invoicing.
- Here extend the Validity Date: Valid to Unlimited.
- Select Save.
- Select Check - Check Selected Structure.
- Select Activate - Activate Selected Structure.
- Save and Close.
Now do the dummy changes in the Invoice or re-enter the Cost Center or a Project Task. This should obsolete the exceptions & document will be ready for posting.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To