Error occurs on change of a field in Benefit Employee Claim Screen
Successfactors - Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to the Employee's Benefit Screen.
2. Click on 'Claim' for the Benefit
3. Change value of 'Treatment Name'(custom field) and an application error occurs.
1. There is a rule assigned to the 'Treatment Name' field
2. The rule is setting an value to the 'Bill Amount' field.
3. The 'Bill Amount' field is a standard 'amount' field in the object definition 'BenefitFuelReimbursementClaimDetail'.
The standard 'Amount' field in this object has an already defined logic in the backend to sum up all the values and set to the Total Claim Amount field(In Benefit Claim Screen)
Since, there is an already defined logic for the Amount field, you cannot have a rule to set a value to this field.
The workaround is to create a custom field named 'Amount' and use that field in the rule to set the value.
Also, please note that the custom field will not have a logic to calculate/sum all the amount values from different rows. Such a requirement is not supported currently. You will need to manually enter the value to the standard 'Amount' field.
Global Benefit Benefit BenefitFuelReimbursementDetailAmountOnChangeProcessor Claim Reimbursement Benefit Employee Claim , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-GBF , Global Benefits , Problem