You are creating the supplier invoice with a deduction or negative amount. However, there is an error message displayed, stating Item Deduction Too High.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select Invoice Entry view.
- Search for XYZ (XYZ represents the Purchase Order ID).
- Select New Invoice button.
- Select View All.
- Navigate to Deductions and Surcharges tab.
- Enter the Discount Percentage/Discount Amount.
- Select Check/Post.
You get an error message: Item Deduction Too High.
The Net Amount is lesser than the Item Net Discount.
The Item Net Discount must be lesser than the Net Amount for each item. In order to adjust the amount of the Supplier Invoice ABC (ABC represents the Supplier Invoice ID) ensure that the Item Net Discount is lesser than Net Amount. Instead of applying discount at header level, apply discount at item level.
If you previously entered a negative amount for the Item price, you will get the same error. The total amount on the Invoice should always be positive, it cannot be posted otherwise. There are various possibilities where you can fulfil your negative amount requirement:
- Create an Invoice item and followed by a Credit Memo item in the same document such that overall amount has to be positive.
- Create a Credit memo with respect to the Invoice with an amount greater than the Invoice item. In this case you will get an exception for Missing Invoice, which you can accept and post the invoice.
Supplier Invoice, Credit Memo, Deduction Too High, Net Amount, Item Price, Negative Amount , KBA , item deduction too high , item net discount , net amount , supplier invoice , negative amount , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , How To