Exported result of an LMS report in Online Report Designer (ORD) is truncated with the following error message:
"Error:1 The result was truncated because the number of transferred bytes reached the set limit."
Online Report Designer > Live Data > Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Preview the report under concern - no issues.
- Export the report from the preview screen.
Create a report distributor bundle and export the report.
- The report's ouput is truncated with the error message.
The behaviour remains the same for CSV, XLS or XLSX output
The LMS system has a limitation defined for the asynchronouse storage (asyncStorageMaxSize) and this is defined in bytes.
The error message indicates that the amount of data the report attempted to fetch has exceeded the aformentioned limit.
Reduce the report's output size byr applying filters to the report.
Increase the asyncStorageMaxSize limit.
- Admin Center > Learning > Learning Administration > System Admin > System Configuration > REPORT_SYSTEM
- Edit the asyncStorageMaxSize value.
We highly recommend the first option since increasing the asyncStorageMaxSize might result in latency / timeout issues while executing LMS reports in ORD.
KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , Problem