After the execution of a Payment Run, you check the application log, and find out that the open items are not selected in the Payment Run.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payables work center
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Go to the Payment Runs subview.
- Search the payment run in question and check the Execution Details.
- Click on the Application Log ID and open it up.
- Navigate to the Results tab.
You see that the Invoice/Credit Memo ABC is not selected.
The reason is that while executing payment run, the transactions/balance are not included in the payment proposal. The system looks for the open items (Invoice, Credit memo) that are due on or before a particular date and creates payment proposal for the open items.
If there are no open items (invoice/credit memo) and account payments are open, system does not create any payment proposals.
The transactions that are considered and not considered in payment proposals are:
The overall account balance (both Payables and Receivables) will be checked (i.e. total of all open items for the Business partner, If the business partner has both Supplier and Customer roles assigned, system will check the overall balance considering both supplier and customer account balance)
- On account payments are not considered by the payment run (unless if you select the Include On Account Payments check box while creating the run).
- Items that are locked by a clearing process, such as when a clearing is still in approval, are not selected by the payment run.
- The Payment Run does not take net payables and receivables, but the balance check does consider both. Therefore, if the business partner is both customer and supplier, payment proposals may be postponed due to open items of the other account type.
- Note that down payments are not considered by the balance check.
KBA , payment proposal , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To