While adding Location and Logistics Area to the system through the Migration tool, you get the error message Logistics area XYZ Parent Location should be Inventory Managed.
(XYZ represents the ID of the Logistics Area)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Click Overview view
- Search for Migration of Location and Logistics Area and click the link to the Activity
- On the next screen, click link to Migrate Location and Logistics area using the migration tool
- Then, Upload the appropriate migration template file and click button to Execute Migration Step by Step
- Proceed with the migration until Step 3 - Simulate Import
- Error occurs
This issue happens due to inconsistencies in the configuration of the logistics area and its parent location.
Configurations regarding Inventory should be consistent across all levels of the logistics hierarchy; as such, if the logistics area is flagged as Inventory Managed in the Inventory Managed Indicator field under the LOA - General tab, so must its parent location or parent logistics area. In the case of the parent location, however, there's no specific Inventory Managed field — instead, this is represented by the fields under the Roles section of the Location tab (Ship From Location Indicator, Ship to Location Indicator, etc.).
To solve the issue, then, please maintain one of the fields in the Role section of the Location tab.
Migration of Locations & Logistic area, Logistics area XYZ Parent Location Should be Inventory Managed , Inventory Managed , KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To
|Kindly maintain Roles for your Parent Location .png|