A Workflow rule is created of Type Messaging to send SMS for object Activity Appointment. The notification has the Start/End Date Time of the Activity.
The SMS that is sent, default has the UTC timezone, not considering the preferences of the receipient or the default timezone of the tenant.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator work center.
- Go to Workflow Rules view.
- Open the concerned workflow rule.
- Under Enter Basic Data, find the type is Messaging.
- In the Define Actions guided activity, notice that Start Date Time is inserted in the text through a placeholder.
On the received message, notice the time in UTC timezone.
We are aware of the difference in behavior between Messaging and Email notifications. When replacing placeholders within Messaging notifications the system does not consider the preferences of the recipient or the default timezone of the tenant.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer.
We have planned to chege this behavior in oe of the future releases.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To