The following error message appears while trying to create a new SQL Connection:
- "To Connect to SQL databases, ask your system administrator to install database drivers on your system."
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SQL Databases
- Please check System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites for the supported SQL Databases.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Go To Connections.
- Create a new "import Data Connection" to "SQL Databases".
- Notice the error.
The database driver is not configured.
In this example, we follow the steps to configure Microsoft SQL Server 2014:
- Download the JDBC driver (.jar file) into a location of your choice:
- Create a file <name>.properties (usually driverconfig.properties) that contains the paths of the different JDBC drivers:
- Create the environment variable (SAP_CLOUD_AGENT_PROPERTIES_PATH):
The documentation of the product contains these steps along with the supported JDBC drivers.
- Import Data Connection to an SQL Database
- Help portal
- SAP Community network portal ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP Community WIKI
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Training videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training Events
- Past Event Recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Hana Cloud for Planning, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, relational, Microsoft, SQL, Server, 2008, 2012, 2014, MySQL 5, Oracle 11, IBM Puredata (Netezza) Service 7 , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , Problem