When you create and release a Sales Order, the Customer Demand is released automatically.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center and navigate to Sales Orders view.
- Create a New Sales Order ABC via the Common Tasks (ABC represents the ID of the sales order).
- Enter all respective details and click Save.
- Release the Sales Order ABC by clicking on the Submit button and selecting the Release Order option.
- The status of the Sales Order will change to In Process instead of Open.
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Control work center and the Customer Demand view.
- In the Show field select All Orders by Selection and search for sales order ABC.
You see that the Customer Demand is in status Released.
There are two conditions when a Customer Demand is automatically released after the Sales Order is released:
- In case of TPOP Scenario (Sales order item fulfilment = External)
- In case of Immediate delivery (Sales order item fulfilment = Internal) in a sales order where the stock is Confirmed (ATP is green)
Apart from this there is an exception that if a sales order has a Delivery Block set then regardless of the above two conditions the customer demand does not gets released automatically.
This is the system standard behavior.
customer, demand, released, automatically, sales, order, immediate, delivery , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To