You created a Workflow Rule for triggering notifications on objects change that does not work as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
1) Create a Workflow Rule for sending a notification for a user when a business object is changed
2) Change the related business object
3) Notice that a notification was not generated for the user
- Whenever conditions in the Workflow Rule are satisfied, Tasks are created and the responsible is notified about it;
- If the business object instance is modified then the existing Task is only updated but not created again and hence the user is not notified;
- Also for each Task there is a deadline associated. Until the deadline is reached all tasks will only be updated;
- If the deadline has crossed then a new Task will be created.
This design was made to prevent the huge number of notifications from flooding the system whenever a business object instance is only modified.
This is the current system design. One way to workaround it is to get notified by e-mail whenever a change is made, using other rule type (e-mail) instead of notification.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To