LMS Admin is unable to edit or add instructors from the ITEM (using the ITEM>RELATED>MORE>INSTRUCTORS window).
- The LMS Admin a is unable to Edit / add an Instructor, from the Item screen’s Instructor tab, with the message: ‘There are no authorized instructors associated with this item.’
- LMS Admin may have the following workflows added to their Role:
- Add Instructor
- Edit Item
- Edit Instructor
- Edit Instructor Cost
- Edit Instructor Shipping Information
- View Item
- View Instructor
- View Instructor Cost
- View Instructor Shipping Information
- Search Item
- Search Instructor
- Search Instructor Custom Column
- There are no Domain restrictions / Item, Admin and Instructors may be within the same domain.
- The Admin may notice that they are able to Add Instructors if they perform the following work flow:
- Click/Browse to any other tab within the Item Window which contains an ‘Edit’ button.
- Click/Browse back to the Instructors tab – you will notice that you are able to now add an Instructor to the Item (the screen re-populated with the expected ability to Add/Edit).
- The Admin may notice they can add Instructor to an Item if they add the Workflow called: ‘Edit Item Evaluation’
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
Create an admin Role in the LMS with all suspected "INSTRUCTOR" and "ITEM" type workflows added. Assign to an LMS admin and notice that admin may not be able to see the Edit Instructor information.
The Cause was under investigation by SAP SuccessFactors Development. Internal Reference: “LRN-17157 'Edit Item Evaluation' workflow affecting Instructors window”
Developers have stated that this is ‘By Design’ and would require an Enhancement Request to change the current functionality
At this time, our SF developers are considering this as an Enhancement Request for a future release.
There are two known workarounds.
- Simply add the Workflow called: ‘Edit Item Evaluation’ to your Admin’s Role.
- Click/Browse to any other tab within the Item screen that contains an Edit button. Click/Browse back to the Instructor tab – you will notice that the screen has populated with the appropriate Edit options.
LMS SF Success Factors Factor SUCCESFACTOR SUCCESFACTORS ITEM INTRUCTOR role admin evaluation Learning Management , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , Problem