- How to point an existing Lumira document, based on a given data source A, to a different type of data source B
- Example: how to modify a Lumira document created with 'Query with SQL' extension to refresh data from HANA or BW
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.31
- SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform 1.31
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Lumira document using 'Query with SQL' data access extension
- Modify the connection pointing it to BW/HANAso that the document refreshes against BW/HANA
It is not possible to port documents across data types - this functionality is not provided as of Lumira 1.31.
- Lumira documents can only be repointed to data sources of the same type - 'See Also' section below points to relevant articles
- Recommendation is to use SAP Idea Place to request and vote for this functionality per referenced Knowledge Base Article 1515837 - How To: Enhancement Request Process - "Idea Place"
KBA 1984961 - How to change connection details Query with SQL in Lumira Desktop?
KBA 2337153 - How to convert SAP Lumira documents using local HANA connection to Managed HANA connection?
KBA 2206522 - How do I point my SAP Lumira document at a different Business Warehouse system?
Existing dashboard, connection, change, set location, dataset, different server, modify, datasource, data source, database, point, repoint, story, visualisation, refresh, promotion, details , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Product Enhancement