When creating levels in the Org structure, the twin accounts are automatically created. That is, Account is created in the Customers view and further, Business Partner is created in the Business Partners workcenter. Hence it cannot be set to Obsolete in the Business Partner workcenter. Even if changed to Obsolete, the Business Partner status remains Active.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Business Partners work center.
2. Go to the Business Partners View.
3. Show Active Business Partners.
4. Find the Business Partner ID: XYZ.
5. On the OWL, select Change Status -> Obsolete.
Your entries have been saved.
6. Check the status of the Business Partner: XYZ and status is still Active.
The Twin Business Partner cannot be set to Obsolete.
It is an expected system behaviour.
The Org unit in this case is a Company and is valid. As long as the Company stays valid in the system, the related Business Partner cannot be removed as you can execute certain business scenarios that requires the related Business Partner.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , Product Enhancement