- Syntax error in program "/CRYSTAL/SAPLPERS"
- After updating the SAP BW System, report fails.
- Reports created in Crystal Reports off SAP BW BEx Queries are failing after updating or upgrading the SAP BW System.
- SAP BW 7.2
- SAP BW 7.3
- SAP BW 7.4
- SAP BW 7.5
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Apply a product update or upgrade to the SAP BW System.
- When refreshing reports based off BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it fails.
- When looking at the dump on the SAP System ( ST22 ) it displays the error:
'Syntax error in program "/CRYSTAL/SAPLPERS"
In the include "/CRYSTAL/LPERSU01 " in the line 83 of program
"/CRYSTAL/SAPLPERS " the following syntax error occur: ... '
- The program: /CRYSTAL/SAPLPERS, is used by Crystal Reports to report off SAP BW BEx Queries. More specifically, it is used by Crystal Reports for BEx Queries variable personalization.
- When applying an update to an SAP BW System, it overwrites any programs and functions that were previously loaded for Crystal Reports to report off BEx Queries. Since the version of the programs and functions does not match the version of Crystal Reports used, it causes this error. For more details, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1638539
- Load the SAP Integration Kit Transports to the SAP BW System that corresponds to the version of Crystal Reports used.
You can load all the SAP Integration Kit Transports, but for SAP BW BEx Queries connectivity, you will at least need the following SAP Integration Kit Transports:
- MDX Query Connectivity transport
- Personalization transport
To find the SAP Integration Kit Transports to load on the SAP System:
- Download the product installation, or product updates, corresponding to the version of Crystal Reports used.
Note: Crystal Reports product installation and updates contains the SAP Integration Kit Transports that needs to be loaded on the SAP System. Those are not installed with Crystal Reports, it has to manually be loaded by the SAP BASIS Administrator on the SAP System.
- Unzip the product installation or product updates of Crystal Reports.
- Navigate to the following path: Collaterals/Add-Ons/SAP/Transport
Note: The folder contains subfolders where the SAP Integration Kit Transports are located.
- Open the file: transports_EN.txt. It contains the transport file names that needs to be loaded on the SAP System for all the SAP connectivity type.
Below is an example of the file content:
* Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900754.R21 and R900754.R21)
* Info Set Connectivity transport (K900780.r21 and R900780.r21)
* Row-level Security Definition transport (K900689.r21 and R900689.r21)
* Cluster Definition transport (K900690.r21 and R900690.r21)
* Authentication Helpers transport (K900691.r21 and R900691.r21)
* Content Administration transport (K900741.r21 and R900741.r21)
* Personalization transport (K900786.r21 and R900786.r21)
* ODS Connectivity transport (K900695.r21 and R900695.r21)
* MDX Query Connectivity transport (K900087.R72 and R900087.R72)
In this example, the transport minimum transports files to use are:
- Personalization transport (K900786.r21 and R900786.r21)
- MDX Query Connectivity transport (K900087.R72 and R900087.R72)
Important Note: The above is an example, the transports file name will be different depending on the version of Crystal Reports used.
- Request to the SAP BASIS Administrator to load the SAP Integration Kit Transports to the SAP BW System.
- Also, request the SAP BASIS Administrator to review the SAP Knowledge Base Article below, which contains general information on the requirements to be able to successfully connect and report off an SAP System from Crystal Reports:
1615056 - How to connect to SAP datasources from Crystal Reports?
CR, SAPIK, SAP Integration Kit Transports , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016