1. The section calculated rating and the overall calculated rating are different.
2. There is only one section in the form.
3. The rating scales for the overall form and for the section are different
Reproducing the Issue
1. There is only section in the form (goal/competency) with weight as 100%
2. The rating scale linked to this section is a 5 point rating scale (1,2,3,4,5)
3. The overall rating scale which is linked to the form is a 20 point rating scale (0.25,0.5,0.75,...till 5)
4. The section calculated rating appears as 3.4, however, the overall Calculated Rating for the form is 3.1
Since default rating scale is different with section rating scale, a rating normalization (from section scale to default scale) takes place
Normalization will use below formula:
(((sectionCalculatedRating - sectionRatingScaleMin)/(sectionRatingScaleMax - sectionRatingScaleMin)) * (defaultRatingScaleMax - defaultRatingScaleMin)) + defaultRatingScaleMin
As per the values, the rating is calculated as below:
((3.4 - 1)/(5 - 1))*(5 - 0.25)) + 0.25 = 3.1
KBA , LOD-SF-PM-RAT , Ratings and Weightings , Problem