A candidate is hired from Manage Pending Hire. There is a rule to assign Job Information values from Position. However, the values are not being assigned.
Employee Central: Suite Integration - Manage Pending Hires
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in the instance
- Go to Manage Pending Hires
- Select ‘Hire’ button for the candidate
- Complete required fields on the Identity and Personal Information sections
- Proceed to the Job Information section of the Hire process in EC
- See Location is defaulting to some value or is null, but Location on the Position is something else
- Reselect the Position for the new hire.
- See that the Location information is updated with the correct location per the position information
This issue occurs due to a propagation defined in the Propagation Data Model.
There is a propagation configured from Legal entity to Location, in Propagation configuration data model.
The order in which fields are set in manage pending hires for users sent from either RCm or ONB, is as follows:
1. The values sent from RCM or ONB via your transformation and mapping tools are sent and populated.
2. Business rules trigger, such as the Position to Job Information Sync Rule, updating values.
3. Finally the propgation data model mappings are triggered. Updating the values for one last time.
Propagation takes precedence and overwrites the rule value.
Remove Location propagation configuration if you think Locations should be populated from Position rule. Please contact your implementation partner for this. If you don't have an implementation partner, please contact Support.
Propagation Position Integration Business_Rule Manage_Pending_Hire , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Suite Integration (EC to RCM, ONB, CVP) , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , New Hire/Rehire Wizards , Problem