How can a user enable the usage of a location (geo) dimension for geospatial analysis?
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Geospatial (geoenrichment / geocoding / mapping / GIS) analysis features can be enabled by only two of the following model creation options:
- Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Import a file from your computer.
Prerequisites require that your file include latitude / longitude coordinates or region data (Region data is currently only supported in the USA).
Update: From Version 2019.7, when adding Area Name Geo Enrichment to models, you can now use country, region and subregion data to create the location dimensions for countries besides the United States. The country data can be provided as ISO3 and ISO2 codes, or the country names in English. See What's New – 2019 Releases (Till 2019.7)
- Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Use a datasource >> Live Data connection.
Prerequisites require that your live data connection model will be based on a HANA calculation view that is enriched with latitude / longitude coordinates.
Note: Geospatial analysis starting with a blank model (Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Start with a blank model) or appending location information to a geo-enabled dimension is not supported at this time. Please provide your support on enhancing this feature by voting and commenting on the idea: Extend functionality of Geo mapping capability.
The Create Location By Coordinate or Create Location By Region method is displayed below (option 1).
See the following SAP Analytics Cloud help pages and resources for further information:
- Enhancement request: Create Public Dimension with Geo Location
- Creating a Geo Map in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis
- Creating Geo Spatial Models from HANA Calculation Views
- Analyzing Geographical Data
- Creating a Geo Map
- Enrich data to support geo maps based on region
- Create a point of interest layer to display in geo maps
- Create a geo map in a story
- Add a point of interest layer to a geo map in a story
- Add a feature layer to a geo map in a story
- Create a custom point of interest icon
- Create a flow layer in a geo map
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Creating a Geo Map
- 2395452 - Create a Location Dimension icon disabled when acquiring data from SAP HANA 1.00.102.04
- 2631028 - Obsolete ESRI Map in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, geo-loc, geoloc, geolocations, geo-coded, remote HANA, geo, spatial, map, location, longitude, latitude, Geocoded, geo-coded, data, analytic, planning models, lat, long, SAC, map layers, geo-coding , Geo Enrichment not available when loading data into existing model (that contains latitude and longitude dimensions), You can prepare a model with Geo location and later import new data using, Creating Location Dimension, Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis, Unable to Maintain Master Data in Geo Dimension, geo map widgets in a story, Geo enriching your data,