How can a user enable the usage of a location dimension for geospatial analysis?
- SAP Analytics Cloud
The ability to use geospatial (geoenrichment / geocoding / mapping / GIS) analysis features (geo map widgets in a story) is enabled by only two of the following model creation options:
- Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Import a file from your computer.
Prerequisites require that your file include latitude / longitude coordinates or region data (Region data is currently only supported in the USA).
- Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Use a datasource >> Live Data connection.
Prerequisites require that your live data connection model will be based on a HANA calculation view that is enriched with latitude / longitude coordinates.
Note: Geospatial analysis starting with a blank model (Main Menu >> Create >> Model >> Start with a blank model) or appending location information to a geo-enabled dimension is not supported at this time. Please provide your support on enhancing this feature by voting and commenting on the idea: Extend functionality of Geo mapping capability.
The Create Location By Coordinate or Create Location By Region method is displayed below (option 1).
See the following SAP Analytics Cloud help pages and resources for further information:
- Enhancement request: Create Public Dimension with Geo Location
- Creating a Geo Map in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis
- Creating Geo Spatial Models from HANA Calculation Views
- Analyzing Geographical Data
- Creating a Geo Map
- Enrich data to support geo maps based on region
- Create a point of interest layer to display in geo maps
- Create a geo map in a story
- Add a point of interest layer to a geo map in a story
- Add a feature layer to a geo map in a story
- Create a custom point of interest icon
- Create a flow layer in a geo map
- 2395452 - Create a Location Dimension icon disabled when acquiring data from SAP HANA 1.00.102.04
- 2631028 - Obsolete ESRI Map in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) & SAP Digital Boardroom
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, geo-loc, geoloc, geolocations, geo-coded, remote HANA, geo, spatial, map, location, longitude, latitude, Geocoded, geo-coded, data, analytic, planning models, lat, long, SAC, map layers, geo-coding , Geo Enrichment not available when loading data into existing model (that contains latitude and longitude dimensions), You can prepare a model with Geo location and later import new data using, Creating Location Dimension, Creating a Model with Coordinate or Area Data for Geospatial Analysis , KBA , maps. mapping, mapped , geolocation , manually or via import , geomap geo-map geo-maps , parametered , geolocalisation implementation , geographic coordinates , geomaps , existant exsiting , attributes attribute , organization type dimension , gen , geo enrichment (country) , geo-enrichment , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Product Enhancement