After assigning a service technician to a ticket on item level via Resource Scheduler, that technician is defaulted for every new item added to the ticket.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Select the Tickets view.
- Select the New button.
- Create ticket XYZ (XYZ represents the Ticket ID).
- Open Ticket XYZ.
- Switch to the Service and Repair facet.
- In the section Items select the Add button.
- Add Product ABC (ABC represents the Product ID) that can be converted to Hour(s).
- In the Item Details select Appointment or Manual as Scheduling Method.
- Select the Save button.
- Select Item ABC and click on the Actions button.
- Select the option Release for Scheduling.
- Go to the work center Resource Scheduler.
- Select the Demand of Ticket XYZ and assign it to service technician DEF (DEF represents the ID of the service technician).
- Select the Save button.
- Return to ticket XYZ.
- Add Product ABC to the ticket again.
Service technician DEF is defaulted for this Item.
Once an Item in a Tickets gets assigned to a service technician, the technician is automatically taken over to the ticket on header level. This is visible in the Service Technician field in the section Additional Information in the facet Service and Repair.
The same system behaviour is shown, when maintaining a service technician on header level in the section Additional Information. For every newly added item, the service technician will be defaulted.
The service technician is not defaulted for new items, when the service technician gets assigned manually on item level, because it won't be taken over on header level automatically.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To